Today we want to bring you a simple, rich and healthy dish, which is a fusion of colors and flavors. It is a red salmorejo, where our protagonist is she, the beet, a food rich in vitamins that provides great benefits such us being a source of iron and helps in cardiovascular diseases.
The use of EVOO in this dish it provides a rich and lively flavour. For this recipe from Aceite Spain we will recommend an ARBEQUINA, but other varieties of extra virgin olive oil are always accepted depending on the tastes of the consumer.
- 2 cooked beetroots. Approx 500 grams
- 300 grams of ripe pear tomatoes.
- 40 grams of red pepper
- 80 grams of blue cheese or roquefort
- 1/2 apple preferably golden variety
- 40 grams of AOVE, preferably ARBEQUINA variety
- 125 ml of water
- 1/2 preferably not large
- 40 grams of breadcrumbs (we recommend that it be the day before)
- 15 grams of apple cider vinegar or raspberry vinegar
- A bit of lemon
- 1 small fresh basil leaf
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- We weigh and reserve the AOVE.
- Beat the garlic, beets, tomatoes and salt until it has liquid texture.
- Add the vinegar and water until you get a homogeneous mass.
- Add the breadcrumbs to the dough to soak and let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Mix everything together one more time. With a medium speed we beat adding the oil slowly so that it emulsifies.
- On the other hand, cut the apple into small cubes, sprinkle it with lemon and mix well to prevent it from turning brown.
- We serve the cold salmorejo with the shredded cheese and with the apple cubes. Another possible accompaniment is walnuts and Iberian ham shavings.